Texas, Our Texas: Protect our Border
- Take operational control of entire Texas southern border.
- Secure all land condemned by the federal government.
- Remove all economic incentives that drive illegal immigration and force employers to use E-Verify
- Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution states: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion… Further, Article I, Section 10 states: “No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.”
- Contrary to the fallacious decisions of the federal courts, while the few and enumerated powers given to the federal government include the duty to establish uniform rules for naturalization, (Article 1, Section 8), they do not give the federal government the authority to manage “immigration” or “borders.” This represents a usurpation of the rights of the states.
- Since the entrance of Texas into the Union in 1845, the federal government has consistently failed to protect the border of Texas. Most recently, the United States has in every way facilitated the invasion of Texas by citizens of foreign nations. The border of Texas was bought by the blood of Texian patriots and it is ultimately the responsibility of Texas to ensure that the border is secured. Texas must achieve autonomy over our own borders. Texas should never ask for permission from the federal government to secure its own border.
- Article 4, Section 7 of the Texas Constitution states that [the Governor] shall be Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the State, except when they are called into actual service of the United States. He shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions. Thus, the Governor of Texas has the legal right and responsibility to command the Texas Military Forces to protect Texas against invasion. It is the responsibility of the Texas Legislature to hold the Governor accountable and otherwise ensure he performs his duty in this regard.
- Texans died to secure our soil and it is immoral for Texas to cede any land, particularly along the border, to Washington. Texas should immediately secure all land condemned by the federal government.
- Illegal aliens stream across the border because in every way conceivable, the state and federal government provide incentives which do nothing but encourage the invasion of Texas. All incentives, such as free medical care and free college education must stop.
- Texas employers should immediately be required to screen new hires through the E-Verify system. As well, the Texas Legislature should establish an employee verification system which does not rely upon the federal government.